The Certification Process
The ICA certification process was designed to satisfy the needs of coaches new to formal training as well as seasoned, fully trained coaching professionals.Â Each coaching certification is catered to the individual â€“ taking into consideration work experience, formal coaching training, consulting work, educational credentials, etc.
- Payment for the CertificationÂ Program
- Access to Certification Pre-Work Materials
- Introductory Training Session (1-2 hours) - We go over the pre-work materials and certification eLearning Course associated with your certification.
- Completion of the Certification eLearning Course - You will have access to over 30 hours of eLearning content and will be required to complete the course. Our coaches are here to assist you with any questions along the way.
- Certification Mock Training Session (1-2 hours) - Once you complete the eLearningÂ course we will schedule this training session to go over what you have learned. Based on the program we will provide you with a mock coaching scenario and have you coach us on the material. Once you complete this training session you will be a certified coach!
***Follow-Up Training Sessions - We do not disappear once you have become certified. Our coaches are available to help you as you begin to practically apply what you have learned.
Through the ICA you are granted the authority to display "Certified Coach and Member of the International Coaching Association" as well as the right to display the appropriate designation following your name (CCE- Certified Coach - Executive; CCL Certified Coach - Life, etc.) on business cards, marketing materials, or on your website no matter where your prior training has taken place. Once certified, an ICA Certified Coach retains their certification status as long as they remain a member of the ICA (annual fee of $195.00 will be charged to the credit card on file unless otherwise instructed).
What is the Timeline for Certification?
Certification varies from individual to individual based on theirÂ course and schedule. You will have access to over 40 hours of training, so it can take as quickly as one week to become certified or others have taken a full year as they space out the training and eLearning.
*Please note, you will have one year to complete your certificationÂ and the materials are yours to keep as your access to the eLearning course will not expire.
Who Becomes Certified?
We have all types of individuals who become certified from people with no prior industry knowledge to those with Master's Degrees and Doctorates. People who have zero practical experience coaching to those who have been coaching for 30+ years have completed our course. The ICA partnered with Indaba Global Coaching an Expert in the Training and Development Industry to use their eLearning courses on Leadership and Personal Development. The courses are set up so that the ICA Coach can assess the coachee's knowledge and experience and guide them. By providing coaching models and activities our coaches are able to learn the material and apply it in their field.